It also explains how Spark Serenity stores and handles that data and keeps it safe.
Spark Serenity offers a confidential service and your privacy is incredibly important. Spark Serenity want you to be fully informed about the choices available to you regarding the use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
When do I collect your data?
Spark Serenity may collect your data when you:
- Visit www.sparkserenity.com and fill in the contact form
- Email email@example.com to make an enquiry or booking
- Message or interact with Spark Serenity via social media (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr).
- Contact Spark Serenity via telephone
- Meet for a face to face consultation
- Agree to participate in any events or activities run by Spark Serenity, or you request additional information following such an event or activity
If additional identification information is needed whilst using the website, then you are assured that it will be used in accordance with this policy.
What sort of personal data do I collect?
Spark Serenity may collect the following information:
- Contact information (including email address and telephone number)
- Location and home address
- Family set up
- Personal information shared during the consultation that is relevant to our services
- Testimonials and photos from work with you (separate consent obtained)
- Written notes and signed Terms and Conditions
- Information gathered using cookies in your web browser
How is your personal data used?
If you choose to work with Spark Serenity, I will use and store your data in order to conduct the agreed services. I will only collect and use your personal information where I have lawful ground and a legitimate reason to do so. I will not collect more than I need for the purposes that I am collecting it:
- In setting up a client record in the database and within the invoicing system
- To arrange consultations, appointments and follow-up contact post tidying sessions
- To tailor services to better meet your individual needs
- In gaining agreement to Terms and Conditions and photographic consent form
- To contact you with non-marketing related correspondence (and I will not pass your information on to any third parties without your consent)
- Logged within a shared calendar during sessions (for Health and Safety reasons), deleted once the session has completed
How do I take care of your data?
Spark Serenity appreciates how much confidentiality and data security matters to our clients. Therefore, I will treat your data with the utmost care and ensure appropriate steps are taken to protect it.
- Personal data stored electronically is on a cloud-based system which is password-protected.
- Any written notes and paper copies of signed Terms & Conditions and photographic consent forms are stored securely. Original paper documents are shredded following scanning or logging.
How long will we keep your personal data?
Whenever I collect or process your personal data, I’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that period, your data will either be deleted completely or made anonymous for the purpose of statistical analysis, business planning and development where you will no longer be identifiable.
- If you employ the services of Spark Serenity your contact information and records of this work will be kept complying with legal and tax obligations. This will be for a period of 7 years.
- If we have worked together in a group session or workshop, I will hold your personal data for 5 years after our last communication, after which time I will consider you a ‘past client’ and anonymise of all of your personal data. If you wish to work with Spark Serenity again after this, you may contact me to resume our working relationship at which time I will re-collect the relevant personal data.
- If you consent to use of photographs and testimonials these will be used indefinitely unless you inform me, you no longer wish for them to be used.
Managing your personal information
- As a client you may request to see the personal information that Spark Serenity holds about you at any time
- Your personal information will not be sold or distributed to third parties unless I have your permission to do so or are required by law to do so. In the case of the latter I will work with authorities and follow the correct processes before releasing any information I hold about you.
- You can withdraw consent to use of photographs or testimonials if you decide that you no longer wish them to be used
In some cases, if you do not agree to the way I process your information, it may not be possible for me to continue to provide my services to you.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies on Spark Serenity’s website. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to use and experience all the features of the website.
Links to other websites
The Spark Serenity website contains links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by me but may be of interest to you. Please be aware that I am not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites or third parties and recommend that you familiarise yourself with the privacy statements of such websites before submitting personal information.
Spark Serenity does not knowingly collect or store any personal information about anyone under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through our website or service.
If you would like to access, amend or delete any personal information I have on record, or if you have any queries please contact Jennifer Dudfield, the Data Controller for Spark Serenity by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Data requests will be responded to within 30 days as per the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Information Commissioners Office
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners office (ICO) if you are unhappy about how I am using your information or how I have responded to your concerns.
Information Commissioner’s Office
If you would like to access, amend or delete any personal information I have on record, or if you have any queries please contact Jennifer Dudfield, the Data Controller for Spark Serenity by emailing: email@example.com. Data requests will be responded to within 30 days as per the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. This document was last updated on 16th October 2019.